In general, I find that I gravitate to websites that have lots of white space and simple, broadly spaced text. If I can not find what I want quickly and easily, forget it! I move on and only come back if the easy sites don't give me what I want.
Reviews:
1. Maryland Securities
This site contains horizontal linear navigation and also directed navigation. Simple large fonts make it very easy to find what you are looking for and there is just the right amount of white space. The scroll option on the mouse works which is perfect for viewing the rest of the page. I also like that they used the company logo and colors.
2. Blue Pixel
Simple and to the point! Only uses one page in width and length, so there is no need to scroll. Incorporates flash and java technologies in an effective manner and it is not distracting. The menu used is horizontal linear. There is not much of a footer, but it does serve its purpose. The concept of using the guitar to further the image of the company is good, but can also be misleading if you are not sure what kind of web site you are looking to explore. Again, I love the white space...just makes it easy for me to find what I need to find.
3. Brooklyn Fare
While I love the look and feel of the website, I had to poke around a bit to figure out exactly what they had to offer. There are two horizontal linear menus (one is the second layer that changes based on the first). The footer is rather large - it would appear they are trying to duplicate it exactly from above,
which I am not sure is necessary. Simple bold fonts are used and make it very easy to navigate. Love the grocery bag on the home page...gives a good idea that this website belongs to store.
4. Puma
This web site is mostly java with the use of style sheets. I like the rotating images at the top, but feel like they could be a little narrower. The navigation is directional, iconic, and horizontal linear. There are two different linear menus: one top and one bottom, in addition to the footer. The site in general is geared to a younger crowd. It has music and videos and presents its site in a manner that would imitate a social media type page. Bold graphics and clean easy to read text make this site very easy to navigate through.
5. Ekoki
This was interesting since it was a page that basically advertises the businesses iPhone app. Very clean, simple to follow. They used the entire width of the page with the borders that must be repeating, but the main information appears to contained for smaller screens. The colors are calming and the use of the wood to suggest a fence grounds the image instead of floating in space. The main web site uses horizontal linear navigation along with directional navigation. There appears to be two footers: one is vertical linear and one is iconic (to the point of not knowing what they represent). Again, colors are easy on the eyes.
6. Daguia
Very cool dessert website. It is in Spanish, but there is no way to mistake what the business does. The site changes background colors three times in order to play off of the image that is being featured. I would prefer the site stay the aqua color constantly, preventing the glare of the lime green. I can handle the raspberry color, but favor the aqua. The site uses horizontal linear menu at the top and directional menu within the body of the website. There is not really a footer, but an option to send an email (I think). Simple text and white space make this site very easy to navigate.
No comments:
Post a Comment