Monday, October 11, 2010

Week2-Laurie Boecker-HW-Article Summary

The first paragraph (Dear Print Designer Doing Web Design, Ford Interactive) was very concise and easy to read.  I did not feel like I had to had a degree in web or print design in order to follow what the author had to offer.  Most of what he had to say was common sense, but if you had not had them pointed out to you as a print designer, they may not have been very obvious.  The key take aways for me were: vertical pixel and vertical grid limitations and limitations using Photoshop's faux bold and/or faux italics. 



The second paragraph (Print design vs. web design by Grantastic Desgins) offered similar but yet some distinct information.  The information on whether to use a GIF or JPEG format was very helpful and makes perfect sense.  The simple graphics with simple colors are best done as GIFs and photographic images or complex graphics are best done as JPEGs.  I also found the recommendation to view your web site design via different monitors and under different conditions to help ensure it looks the way it should in all cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment